Tommy Yule: Productive Strength Training for Sports Performance April 20th @ Leeds Met University
PRODUCTIVE STRENGTH TRAINING FOR SPORTS PERFORMANCE WITH TOMMY YULE
LEEDS METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY, 20TH APRIL 09.30am-4.30pm
£119 BEFORE THE 30th MARCH
LIMITED TO 25 SPACES
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP:
Following on from the weightlifting for athletes workshop, this workshop is designed as a stand alone course in strength training for sports performance. Within the workshop a strong practical emphasis will be underpinned with a good theoretical background leaving you in no doubt as to what is required to build productive, functional strength in your athletes.
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to develop strength qualities including max, general, explosive strength, strength endurance, starting strength, ballistic strength and much, much more.
- How to periodise your strength training for different sports
- How strength training interacts with other physical qualities and how to optimise the adaptations you are seeking
- The theory and application of dynamic correspondence
- How to coach functional strength exercises
- How to design your strength sessions to optimise performance gains from your athletes
- Exercise progressions and regressions to develop high transfer of training in all the major strength and power qualities
- Much, much more
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Tommy Yule is a talented and accomplished strength and conditioning coach with 10 years experience in managing and leading strength and conditioning support in high performance sport. He has coached many international athletes, including Olympic, World and Commonwealth Games medallists and is currently a consultant S&C coach for UK Athletics and the English Institute of Sport. Prior to this he was a Regional Head Strength and Conditioning coach for the for English Institute of Sport where he had a wide-ranging remit across many sports including leading the support for the Olympic boxing and diving teams.
Tommy is a graduate from the University of Oxford and is currently doing his PhD at Loughborough University in the monitoring of Strength development for Elite athletes. Over a long career as an international athlete in Olympic Weightlifting he has won 5 Commonwealth Games medals, British record holder, 6 times British Champion and represented Great Britain at 2000 Olympic Games.
All details for the event will be sent out to you after purchasing.
Payment must be made via Paypal to qualify for early bird discount. No refunds will be offered. Cheques can be sent to: 12 Bentcliffe Mount, Moortown, Leeds, LS17 6QW and made payable to Athletes Unlimited for the FULL amount of the workshop (See Price Above).